Friday, October 1, 2010

Helloooo October!

There's nothing quite like the feeling of fall ... ok, well, in California you don't necessarily get the same feeling as say... in Pennsylvania, but still! It's fall, and it's one of my favorite times of year. I love the cool crisp air, the changing colors of leaves, Halloween, and the anticipation of the holidays.

Back when I lived in Massachusetts and even in Pennsylvania, this was also the time of year that the threat of snow began to grow--and I love winter and the snow. For some reason, I also find fall to be a very inspirational time of year (probably only marginally ahead of spring), and often find myself filled with lots of new ideas. I suppose it also isn't too surprising that my birthday is also during this wonderful time of year--does that make me love the fall more? Perhaps.

I have lots of great new ideas for new jewelry projects that should keep me busy for awhile. I'm looking forward to getting back into working with metal clay again (it's been a little while since I played with it), and I have some really fun ideas that I'd like to try out.

I am also anticipating the arrival of my chainmaille supplies package--I was a bit disappointed yesterday when it was delayed in shipment, but it is already out for delivery today (yay!). I wish I had some new photos to post today, but I'm sort of stuck in creative limbo while I hunt for a firing vessel for my bronze and copper clays and wait for my package to arrive.

I should have much more to post about next week after getting some time to work on new pieces ^_^.