Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Updated knot earrings!

My chainmaille knot earrings are one of the most popular items in my Etsy shop, and I've made some great improvements to them in recent weeks. I'm going to be listing a new crop of them very soon, with some great news:

1. They're now soldered! I previously used epoxy to bond the knot to the post, mostly due to the irregular surface join. The epoxies I use are self-leveling and generally do a great job of filling those gaps, but when it came to larger knots with smaller pads and posts, the knots would separate from the pad much too easily. So, I've experimented with soldered versions with great success!

2. Solid gold! Coming soon are my knot earrings in solid 10k/14k gold. The first ones will likely be 10k knots on gold-filled posts, but 14k posts are coming soon.

3. Much larger styles! I've had some requests for larger knot styles in the past, and with the limitations of the pad sizes, they've proven difficult. Now, with the soldered versions, much larger knots are possible. Look for a very large pair of solid sterling knots to be listed in my shop soon!

I'm very excited to offer these improved designs and new metals, and would love feedback on them. If you happen to purchase a pair once they are listed, please let me know what you think of them!