Thursday, October 14, 2010

New glass - part II

Yesterday, I told you that today I was planning to slump those holiday dishes -- what a bonehead I am! My plan was to run the kiln today, but on a full fuse batch. I had about 6 pieces that needed to be fully fused rather than tack fused, as I often do with glass.

I did actually get the kiln loaded & running early this morning at about 6:30am (I always start it up early so that I can empty it in the late afternoon, once it cools enough). It should actually be shutting off within the next hour, I believe, so that means that by sometime around 4pm, I should be able to peek in on my pieces & pull them out.

I've taken yesterday's pieces of glass and this morning worked nearly all of them into new jewelry designs that surprised even me! I love when something I'm dying to work into a design speaks to me so quickly, because often they take their sweet time. That sounds kind of weird, doesn't it?

Well, I guess you might be interested in actually seeing what some of these new pieces look like, huh? Well, I've got a few preview photos to post before these get listed in my Etsy shop (which should be soon). 


The photo above is a piece of glass that is flanked by gold-filled round beads and some large swarovski crystal beads. It is strung on gold-filled chain. The following is its alter-ego: