Wednesday, October 13, 2010

New glass!

I'm not doing a very good job of keeping up with this blog, am I? Well, I have an excuse:  My birthday fell in the middle of last week, and one of my "gifts" was my annual trip to a single San Francisco 49ers football game (and for all you football fans out there, yes, you can laugh, because the 49ers are ... not good so far this year). Let's just say that it's a darn good thing that the SF Giants are moving onto the NLCS! *whistles* So, after a busy week and a long weekend, I'm finally back to work.

And now that I'm back to work, I have some very cool news! I have added a few new chainmaille pieces to my shop, and I also have some new fused glass pieces coming. My geometric tack fused creations seem to be most popular, and I have a few more of those in the works. I will likely get the chance to post photos here on the blog tomorrow, and maybe upload one or two to my Etsy shop.

Today was the 2nd time in a few weeks that I've actually fired up my kiln, completely filled. I'm working on a cute set of holiday glass dishes, so this firing contained one of those along with a number of small jewelry-sized pieces of glass, all of which is very geometric. Most of them have already spoken to me about where they should be used, so I've already begun the process of mounting the glass onto bails with epoxy.

Tomorrow I'm planning to slump the holiday dishes, so hopefully that goes well! ^_^ If it does, I may have some new holiday items in my shop in the coming week.