Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Blog neglect (again), new pieces & Christmas sales

Oh my, my. I tried so very hard to keep up with this blog, but yet again I fail in an epic sort of way. Only one post for November?! Well, I don't suppose it would make you feel any better if I said that most of November was spent designing lots of new jewelry, would it? ^_^ The 95 item count in my shop reflects the rate at which I've been finishing new pieces ^_~.

I've been taking care of custom item requests and trying hard to get to work on Christmas projects. I suppose between the two, my time has dwindled. I also make all of my Christmas cards every year, so that takes up a large chunk of time, too. As of right now, I have about 2/3 of my cards finished. Must....work.... faster!

Sometimes I get lucky and the weekends offer at least a little bit of rest, but as of late, that hasn't been true either. This weekend is shaping up to be busy yet again, with a last-minute surprise:  I get to attend my 2nd 49ers football game of the season on Sunday. *laughs* And anyone who knew me up through a few years ago would ask: You watch football?! The once-frightening answer today:  yes, I do. Though I must admit that I love baseball a whole lot more.

I would also like to take this moment to thank everyone who has purchased jewelry from me this year, my first in business. I truly enjoy designing jewelry and it is thanks to you that I can continue to do what I love. I have been absolutely floored by the number of inquiries and purchases this holiday season. So, thank you! I promise, I will find a way to thank you more directly for your business soon ^_^.

I have some wonderful ideas in the works for new jewelry -- some of which I hope to actually get in my shop before Christmas, but I can't make any promises. At least I finally updated this blog, though! ^_^